Sunday, November 9, 2008

~CHANGE OF SEASON~



Autumn used to be a time that really depressed me. I would think to myself, I can’t believe summer is over already. Or, here we go into another long, hard cold winter But with everything else my opinion of Autumn has changed.

I look at this season as a time for things to come to a natural end. In order for life to take on it’s ever changing existence, change must occur. The physical changes we see around us in nature are proof of how things must end so they can be
born a new. But, the important endings for me are more of an internal thing.

Past patterns, unproductive ways of being, even my likes and dislikes die and change. I love to take this time to reflect on my changes. To really go inside and review what doesn’t work for me any longer. What thoughts, feelings and beliefs I hold inside that inhibit my growth and rebirth. Letting go and recreating on an internal level are all a part of this season for me.

Life for me is all about being reborn again and again. Growing more at the soul level with each
rebirth. Autumn seems to be when this begins for me. The death of the old so that the new may
once again blossom.

Change is one thing in this life that IS certain. So now instead of fighting it I accept it. Instead of
dreading it, I look forward to it. By embracing my ability to change and recreate myself I open
myself up to the Universe with the understanding that ANYTHING is possible as long as I’m open to change.

No comments: